Flash Fiction
One minute they saw us smiling. Next they see photos. They use to hear us laugh, next they hear silence. We use to say ‘I love you’. Next we will say nothing or barely anything at all. They saw us staying home. Next we will be gone with the wind. We use to be their whole world. Next we will be the end to their world.
In my short little flash fiction I use the words ‘use to’ and ‘next’ to explain time going by. I also use ‘we’ and ‘they’ to represent people, not preferably certain people just people. I wrote it so it gives some opinions on to what happened. One may think that the ‘we’ people are passed, but you could also think that they were just growing up and moving away. My intention of this flash fiction is to talk about children growing up and leaving their parents to become new parents. I know that for some parents their children do pass for reasons and this is what they experience. I wrote it because for the longest time I have always wanted to stay a kid, I hate imaging leaving my childhood behind me. I know that for me in the next short couple of years I will have to leave this place I call home for another one. I also wrote it for children’s purpose as well, if a parent was to pass away they would read this and could relate it to it well. For my mother she lost her dad in high school and I remember her telling me about how close they were, so I feel like she could read this and relate to it.
I like the style of flash fiction you chose to do. I can relate to your story because time goes by so fast and soon we will be grown up and missing our childhood.
ReplyDeleteThis is really touching and has a really good message. It can be taken as two ways and at first I thought it was about passing away but when I read the description of it I could see both sides now.
ReplyDelete